(a) Is it painful?
- Anesthetic numbing cream is used before PRP to ensure you do not suffer from any discomfort. However, some patients could suffer from mild pain, yet the level of discomfort is purely subjective.
(b) Do I need anesthesia?
- In general, PRP treatment is done with numbing cream applied before its procedure. You could request for I/V Sedation if wanted (I/V Sedation will require extra payment)
(c) How long does it last?
- PRP effect lasts differently depending on the treated area and what others are performed with.
(d) Do I need to have multiple sessions?
- With single treatment, you can experience your skin to be more moisturized and glow. To achieve the best results, patients could consider three treatments, spaced at 4 to 8 weeks.
(e) Will I have swelling or bruises?
- Swelling and bruises are uncommon and last less than a week if they do occur. You are recommended to wash your face and start wearing makeup at least one day after.
(f) Any side effects?
- There are very few side effects expected with PRP because the injected substance is sourced from your own body, which eliminates the risk of infection or allergic reaction. Some patients experience redness in the treated area for up to 48 hours after the treatment which also could be easily concealed with makeup.